American Author's Association is going to begin some marketing contests as part of our new facelift. Our goal in doing this is to help promote authors books.
Highlighted books are chosen from those submitted for review. Why not find out how you can join in the fun! Simply send us a message requesting a book review. We'll send you the details. Be sure to let us know you'd like to participate in the contests.
When we learn of any other contests, we will make every attempt to post them here as well.
The Sacramento Poetry Center
• Submit a manuscript of 48-70 numbered pages of original poetry in any style in English. The manuscript must not have been published previously in book form, although individual poems appearing in print or on the web are permitted. Simultaneous submissions OK, but please let us know ASAP if your manuscript has been placed with another publisher.
• Entries will be judged blind. Submitted manuscript must contain 2 title pages: Name and contact information (including email address, if possible) should appear on first title page only. Name should not appear anywhere else in the manuscript.
• Manuscript should be typed, single-spaced, paginated, and bound with a clip.
• The Sacramento Poetry Center will also consider publishing additional manuscripts from this competition.
• Check for $20.00 US per entry (multiple entries OK) should be made out to The Sacramento Poetry Center. Paid-up members of the Sacramento Poetry Center may enter the contest for a reduced fee of $15. Please note that members of SPC will not receive preferential treatment in the judging process.
• Include a table of contents page and an acknowledgements page for magazine or anthology publications.
• Will read entries postmarked between January 1, 2009 and March 31, 2009.
• Enclose an SASE for announcement of the winner.
• Winning manuscript will be published by The Sacramento Poetry Center. Winner will receive a prize of $1000.00 and 50 free copies of the winning book.
• Staff, volunteers, or executive board members of the Sacramento Poetry Center (or their relations) may not submit manuscripts for consideration in this contest.
• Manuscripts cannot be returned.
• Entries should be mailed to The Sacramento Poetry Center, Poetry Book Contest, P.O. Box 160406, Sacramento CA 95816.
• SPC supports the CLMP Code of Ethics and will adhere to its precepts regarding contests.
All other questions can be addressed via e-mail to:
The Grand Prize manuscript, the First Place manuscript in each category, and the names of the top 100 winners in each category will be printed in a special competition collection, published by Outskirts Press.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday, May 15, 2009
For more details visit their site http://www.writersdigest.com/annual
Co-sponsored by Book Marketing Works, LLC
Writer's Digest is searching for the best self-published books of the past few years. Whether you're a professional writer, part-time freelancer, or a self-starting student, here's your chance to enter the only competition exclusively for self-published books!
ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday, May 01, 2009